A stepfather talking to his 11 years old stepson after his mother died:
– So, what’s the problem, samuel? Is it just mum or something else, huh? Maybe school? Are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
– You really want to know?
– I really want to know.
– Even though you won’t be able to help?
– Even if that’s the case, yeah.
– Ok. Well… truth is, actually… I’m in love.
– I know I should be thinking about mum all the time and I am, but I’m in love. I was before she died and I can’t do anything about it.
– Aren’t you a bit young for love?
– Ah, well. Ok, well… I’m a little relieved.
– Because I… thought it’d be something worse.
– Worse than the total agony of being in love?
– Er… No, you’re right. Total agony.
This is a scene of the movie Love Actually.